When Christmas time comes around most of us think about what we should buy for our loved ones and what will make them smile on Christmas morning. Many of us forget about what we should eat that day. Some of us have brunch, others wait till dinner. With a busy morning of opening presents and wanting to get on with the day to either spend time with family or watch football, we have some easy and quick meals that you can whip up in no time!
If you are looking for a meal during brunch time, try our Applesauce Pancakes that can be whipped up in minutes! Make a full meal with a side of fruit and milk on the side.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder, non-fat instant
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash hands and clean food preparation area.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine applesauce, dry milk powder, water, eggs, and oil.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir until mixture has only small lumps.
- Place large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter onto skillet.
- Turn pancake when bubbles form on top of batter.
- Cook the other side for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
You can even bond over making these with the kids! If you are looking for a dinner dish try our Cranberry Ham Slice. Easy, quick and delicious to eat!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pint cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 2 ham slices, 1-inch thick
- Set dial of temperature controlled burner at 225 degrees F. Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and allspice in a saucepan.
- Gradually add the next three ingredients and stir. Cook until sauce thickens and boils.
- Place one slice of ham in greased baking dish. Pour one half of the sauce over the ham slice. Top with second slice. Add remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered in 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.
This makes 6 servings and costs $4.91 that is $0.82 per serving! Enjoy these delicious and easy dishes to make this Christmas!