Association for Home & Community Education are encouraged to promote scholarship
application to anyone meeting requirements listed below:
- The Dunn County Association for Home & Community Education awards one $500
scholarship to either a male or female applicant who will be attending the University of
Wisconsin-Stout or Chippewa Valley Technical College in Menomonie. Priority will be
given to an applicant who has not previously received this scholarship.
- In order to be eligible to receive the scholarship, he/she must:
a. Be a resident of Dunn County or attend a Dunn County high school.
b. Have a “B” average or higher for high school work
c. Plan to attend University of Wisconsin-Stout, Menomonie or Chippewa ValleyTechnical College in Menomonie
d. Use only the enclosed application form
- A high school may submit as many applicants as desired.
- An application must be accompanied by:
a. an essay, (between 200 and 300 words), entitled, “Why I Want to Study in the
Field I Have Chosen”
b. Three letters of recommendation (One from a teacher of their choice and Two from any professional, business, or responsible citizen of their community)
- The application and letters of recommendation should be sent to the Dunn County
Family Living Agent by Friday, March 29, 2019.
- The Dunn County Association for Home & Community Education Scholarship Committee
will meet and select one applicant to receive the award prior to the date when local
awards are presented.
- The Scholarship will be paid in two installments. The first installment will be paid by the
Dunn County HCE Treasurer when she is notified that the recipient has successfully
completed the first semester. When the recipient has successfully completed the
second semester, the second and final installment will be paid. Responsibility for such
notification rests with the recipient. Recipient must be enrolled to attend with the
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Menomonie, or the Chippewa Valley Technical CollegeMenomonie.
- A copy of this announcement is being sent to all high schools having students who
reside in Dunn County. Application blanks may be secured from:
Dunn County Extension
3001 US Hwy 12 East, Suite 102
Menomonie WI 54751
Find the Full Application Here:Scholarship letter and application 2019
If you have any question please contact: