Red Cedar Demonstration Farm 2019 Fall Cover Crops Field Day
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Time: 12:30PM – 3:30PM (Rain or Shine)
Location: Red Cedar Demonstration Farm, near Hwy 12/29 East and Stokke Parkway, Menomonie, WI
Are you interested in cover crops and the benefits that they may provide?
Please join us for a field day to discuss:
- Interseeding cover crops at various corn growth stages – Jason Cavadini, Agronomist, UW Marshfield Agricultural Research Station
- Update on Nitrogen Use Efficiency project – Kevan Klingberg, UW Discovery Farms Program
- Precision Ag for profitability– Scott Stipetich, Farm Bill Biologist, Pheasants Forever
- Maintaining soil fertility for profitably and soil health– Carrie Laboski, Professor and Extension Soil Scientist at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Water Hemp and Herbicide Use – Tryston Beyrer, WinField Agronomist & Dunn County Farmer
- On-farm education at Red Cedar Demonstration Farm –CVTC Agronomy Management Student Panel
Directions: The Red Cedar Demonstration Farm is located on the east side of Menomonie near the intersection of Hwy 12/29 and Stokke Parkway. The tent will be near the Dunn County Transit Commission building (640 Stokke Parkway, Menomonie, WI 54751).
Refreshments will be provided by Compeer Financial.
A total of 3 Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) have been applied for this field day..
Please register by September 20th to ensure handouts. Contact Katie Wantoch, Extension Dunn County Agriculture Agent, via email email@example.com or phone 715-232-1636. More information on the Red Cedar Demonstration Farm is also available on the Extension Dunn County website – https://dunn.extension.wisc.edu/agriculture/red-cedar-demonstration-farm/
This workshop is sponsored by the Dunn County Soil and Water Health Partnership and Compeer Financial. Partnership agencies include: Chippewa Valley Technical College, Dunn County Land and Water Conservation Division, Natural Resources Conservation Service and Extension Dunn County.