Good news! The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) has announced that the State of Wisconsin will be giving certification extensions for those certifications that have expired after January 31, 2020.
This extension will expire on December 31, 2021.
This includes private applicators and the commercial applicators who received the temporary certifications with T numbers. Those who have already tested in person with DATCP DO NOT have to test again.
New Applicators and those Seeking New Categories:
An online test will be made available for applicators seeking new certifications and/or new categories. This online test will provide a temporary certification that will expire on December 31, 2021. Private applicators may still be able to take the test in-person at participating County Extension Offices if available.
Some information about the online test:
- To register for an online test, go to the UW PAT Store. Select the category you want to get certified in. If a test is available, it will be posted with a link to register.
- Sorry supervisors and training managers, multiple applicators cannot be registered under one email address. Email addresses are the new electronic identifier they must be unique to the individual.
- Applicators will have to select a time slot to take the test when registering. Tests can be taken at any time in the time slot selected.
- Once registered applicators will receive an email with a simple link and password a day or two before the time slot starts. Links work only once.
- Scores will be provided at the completion of the test. Credentials will be mailed out to the address entered in the test after the time slot has expired.
- You will have to enter your 6-digit PAT Number (comes with training materials) into the test, but you will also have to enter your certification number if you have one. If you do not have a certification number, you must either call DATCP (608-224-4548) or mail in this form to provide your SSN before credentials can be sent.
- Retakes will have to register for the next time slot. Four attempts will be accepted by DATCP.
- Registering with an incorrect email or deleting the invitation email may mean registration in the next time slot.
Please call the Dunn County office at 715-232-1636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.