Many Wisconsin residents are dealing with the recent flooding or working to prevent future floods. Be sure to take precautions and stay safe during clean up. Here are some resources that may be helpful.
|TO REPORT HOME OR BUSINESS DAMAGE – DIAL 2-1-1 – or REPORT ONLINE|
- Wisconsin Flood Toolkit – Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Coping with Flooding – Wisconsin DNR
- Resources for Your Flooded Home – University of Missouri Extension
- Flooding of Private Wells – Wisconsin DNR
Finances – These materials discuss insurance claims, financial assistance, tax claims for disaster relief, etc., as well as some ideas for a financial disaster toolkit for the future.
Agriculture & Horticulture
- Crops Under Water? – Department of Agriculture and Consumer Protection
- Agricultural Preparedness & Emergency Response – University of Wisconsin Extension
- Managing Flood Damaged Crops – Penn State Extension
- Farm Service Agency Disaster Assistance Program
- Wisconsin Farm Center – Offers affected farmers assistance through confidential debt and cash-flow analysis and one-on-one counseling
- Effects of Flooding on Woody Landscape Plants – University of Wisconsin Extension
- Guidelines for Consuming Late Season Produce Exposed to Flood Water – University of Wisconsin Extension
- Food Safety After a Flood – University of Wisconsin Extension