Raising a Thinking Child is for:
- Parents and Caregivers of children 4-7 years old
- Educators and Child Care Providers
- (12 hours of Registry Credit is available for a fee – please contact Luisa)
This evidence-based workshop series will help you guide children to solve common, everyday problems with decision making and communication skills using their thinking brain. It is a refreshingly practical curriculum that helps you help your children learn HOW to think, not what to think, as they learn to resolve their own problems.
Participants will Learn:
- To give their children skills to solve their own problems
- Fun games to help children learn these problem solving skills and consider consequences
- How to help kids care about and understand their feelings and the feelings of others
*Classes will be held online using Zoom.* You can join on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, right from the comfort of your home.
- Mondays: October 30th-Dec 4th, 2023. Two time options are available: 9:00am-10:15am or 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Registration Deadline: October 23rd
- RTC Flyer: 2023
- Tuesdays: February 27th-April 2nd, 2024. Two time options are available: 9:00am-10:15am or 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Registration Deadline: February 14th
- RTC Flyer: 2024
This program is co-facilitated by Luisa Gerasimo (Dunn County) 715-232-1636, and Missy Bablick (Barron County) 715-537-6254 – Human Development & Family Relationship Educators with the the University of Wisconsin Madison – Extension.
An EEO Affirmative Action employer, the University of Wisconsin Madison – Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming including Title IX and ADA requirements. If you require reasonable accommodations to participate in this programming, please call Missy Bablick at 715-537-6254 as soon as possible