Margaret Murphy is our Horticulture Program Coordinator. She covers Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, and Polk Counties. Her main duty is to oversee the Master Gardener Volunteer Programs in each county. She is also available to answer horticulture questions. She is assisted in this by the Master Gardener Volunteers.
You can email questions to Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 715-232-1636.
- UW – Department of Entomology Insect Diagnostic Lab – Online insect identification using photos and other resources
- UW – Extension Horticultural Publications – Publications and other online resources for free or purchase from the UW-Extension
- Landscape Plants of the Upper Midwest – A comprehensive guide and plant search engine for plants found in the Midwest
- UW – Plant Disease and Diagnostic Clinic – Assistance and education for identification of plant diseases and their control
- UW – Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory – Resources and research on soil and plant analysis covering anything from soil, manure, forage, plant tissue, and lime
- UW – The Wisconsin Gardener – Public TV – Schedules, vidoes, and programs for The Wisconsin Gardener
- UW – Wisconsin Horticulture – Research and information on everything horticulture
- UWEX – Wisconsin Native Plant Sources – PDF Nurseries and native restoration consultants as well as research and information regarding native plants in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – WI DNR homepage, access to license and regulations, business resources, education, and more
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program – Wisconsin Master Gardener’s homepage, access to events, blogs, training, and more
- University of Connecticut Plant Database – Interactive plant selector and index from the University of Connecticut
- USDA Plants Database – Plant topics, downloadable plant lists, and other tools available for the US
- Weed Science Society of America – Educational resources regarding weeds, their impact on the natural ecosystems, and management options
- Wisconsin Phenological Society – Research and information regarding plants and their relationships with their environment focusing on climate and weather