The Horticulture Program provides unbiased, university research based information to the general public focusing on horticultural and natural resource education about environmentally and socially responsible practices through leadership and innovate programming. Margaret Murphy is our Horticulture Program Coordinator. She covers Chippewa, Dunn, and Eau Claire Counties. Her main duty is to oversee the Master Gardener Volunteer Programs in each county. She is also available to answer horticulture questions. She is assisted in this by the Master Gardener Volunteers.
You can email questions to Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 715-382-3253 (cell).
- Extension Specialists
- UW – Extension Horticultural Publications – Publications and other online resources for free or purchase from the UW-Extension
- Extension Horticulture – Find Horticulture articles, resources, educational events, and the latest news
- Extension Horticulture Facebook Page – Find the latest garden news and upcoming events
- Landscape Plants of the Upper Midwest – A comprehensive guide and plant search engine for plants found in the Midwest
- PBS Wisconsin – Let’s Grow Stuff – Hosted by gardener and horticulturist Ben Futa, Let’s Grow Stuff is designed to help the beginning gardener learn the tools of successful vegetable and herb gardening. Each episode provides quick and easy techniques to make growing fun!
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – WI DNR homepage, access to license and regulations, business resources, education, and more
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program – Wisconsin Master Gardener’s homepage, access to events, blogs, training, and more
- University of Connecticut Plant Database – Interactive plant selector and index from the University of Connecticut
- USDA Plants Database – Plant topics, downloadable plant lists, and other tools available for the US
- Weed Science Society of America – Educational resources regarding weeds, their impact on the natural ecosystems, and management options